Berea Baptist Church was founded in 1938 by a small group of believers and continues to grow today.. God is at work in our church and among our community, and we are excited to see where He takes us next.
Welcome back to church!
Updated May 25, 2021
Worship Services for Berea Baptist Church
The following details give our updated protocol guidelines:
- The church will be carefully sanitized prior to the Sunday services.
- We will maintain sanitizing stations throughout the building
- We are updating the social distancing to 3 feet as recommended by the CDC
- All vaccinated individuals may feel free to remove masks
- Master’s Degree Baptist Bible Seminary Clarks Summit, PA.
- Married his wife, Debbie, in 1982
- Called to become Senior Pastor in February of 1984
- Ordained: June of 1985.
- Favorite Book of the Bible: Ecclesiastes
- Retired Baptist Church Planters missionary
- Married his wife, Donna in May 1964
- Called to Berea Baptist in the Summer of 2015
- Favorite book of the Bible: Exodus
- Favorite Hobby: Woodworking
- Bachelors Degree Northland International University Dunbar, WI.
- Married his wife, April in 2011
- Called to become Youth Pastor in February of 2018
- Favorite Book of the Bible: Genesis
- Favorite Hobby: Reading
- Married to husband Dan
- Member of Berea Baptist since 2003
- Has been our full time secretary for 13 years
- Has 3 daughters and 4 grandsons
- Favorite Book of the Bible: Psalms
- Favorite Hobby: Photography
The purpose of this church is to glorify God through the salvation of the lost, the edification of the believers and the spread of the Gospel as commanded by our Lord. (Matthew 28:19-20) This purpose is accomplished by our commitment to:
This includes singing, praying, preaching, serving, giving, and observing the ordinances (John 4:24; Eph. 3:21; Jude1:24-25; Rev. 4:11; Col. 3:16; Matt. 6:9; Tit. 1:3; Heb. 13:15-16, 21; Matt. 28:19; I Cor. 11:23-26)
The preaching of the Gospel and the teaching of the Word of God to all the world. (Matt. 28:19-20; Mark 16:15-16; Luke 24:46-48; Acts 1:8; Gal. l:8-9; II Tim. 4:1-5)
a) Instructing all believers in Scripture truth (Matt. 28:20) and b) The defense of the faith once for all delivered unto the saints. (Jude 3; Heb. 10:23; Rev. 3:8)
a) Uniting together in regular meetings (Acts 2:42-47; Heb. 10:25) and b) The mutual love, care, and concern for others, especially those of the household of faith. (James 2:14-16; Gal. 6:10; Rom.12:13; I John 3:17)
We believe in the authority and sufficiency of the Holy Bible; that it is inspired and therefore is infallible and inerrant in all matters of which it speaks. We believe the Bible to be the true center of Christian unity and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creed, and opinions shall be tried. (II Tim. 3:16,17; II Pet. 1:19-21)
THE TRUE GOD
We believe there is one, and only one, living and true God; that in the unity of the Godhead there are three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit equal in every divine perfection, and executing distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption. (Exod. 20:2-3; I Cor. 8:6; Rev. 4:11; I John 5:7; John 10:30; II Cor. 13:14)
We believe that in order to be saved, sinners must be born again; that the new birth is a new creation in Christ Jesus and that personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is the only condition of salvation; repentance is a change of mind and purpose toward God (John 3:3; II Cor. 5:17; I John 5:1; Acts 16:20-33; II Pet. 1:4; Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:1,5; Col. 2:13; John 3:8)