Welcome back to church!
Updated January 5, 2021
Worship Services for Berea Baptist Church
The following details give our protocol guidelines:
- The church will be carefully sanitized prior to the Sunday services.
- Sunday School classes have resumed with careful social distancing protocols in each classroom.
- Everyone should wear a mask inside the church. (If you do not have a mask, we can make one available for you).
- There will be a routine sanitizing process carried out between Sunday School and the Morning Worship service
- All children should sit with their parents while in the auditorium.
- There are sanitizing stations for your convenience throughout the main church level.
- When you arrive, the main doors from the parking lot and the auditorium will be propped open (There may be some variation with this at times during the winter).
- Someone will be at the entrance to take your temperature (with a remote thermometer). If you have a fever, we will ask you to return home.
- We have closed off every other row of pews. Please find a seat which is appropriately distanced from others.
- There will be no offering plates passed during the service. Offering boxes are set outside each auditorium entrance for you to give when entering or exiting the service.
- There will be no church bulletins or use of hymnals at this time. Everything will be on PowerPoint.
- You are still encouraged to bring your Bible!
- We will dismiss people by pews at the end of the service.
- There should be no gatherings in the hallways.
- You may fellowship in the parking lot while continuing to keep proper distancing.
- There should be only one person using each restroom at a time.
- Following the morning service, the church will be carefully sanitized to ensure a safe and happy return for the evening service.
There is no way we can guarantee a perfect germ-free or virus-free environment, but with these safety guidelines in place we can greatly reduce any risk. Please come and carefully work together to make each worship service a very special occasion!
If you are in one of the high-risk groups, or if you have any concerns about gathering together, please do not feel pressured in any way. Stay at home until you are confident and comfortable regarding your safety. We will continue to live-stream all the services so that you may still worship and feel connected.
Berea Baptist Church was founded in 1938 by a small group of believers and continues to grow today. God is at work in our church and among our community, and we are excited to see where He takes us next.