Welcome back to church!
Updated September 1, 2020
Worship Services for Berea Baptist Church
For each service we will employ the following details as recommended by state and national officials
- There are no nursery, children’s Church or Wednesday youth programs currently.
- There are no public Sunday School classes offered as of yet.
- All children will need to sit with their parents in the auditorium
- The church will be carefully sanitized prior to the Sunday services.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory inside the church.(If you do not have a mask and would like one, we can make one available for you).
- There are sanitizing stations for your convenience throughout the main church level.
- When you arrive, the main doors from the parking lot and the auditorium will be propped open.
- Someone will be at the entrance to take your temperature (with a remote thermometer). If you have a fever, we will ask you to return home.
- When you enter the building, proceed to the welcome desk to receive instructions for seating.
- We have closed off every other row of pews. We will try to accommodate your desire for seating as best we can, but you may not be able to sit where you want.
- There will be no offering plates passed during the service. Offering boxes will be set outside each auditorium entrance for you to give when entering or exiting the service.
- There will be no church bulletins or use of hymnals at this time. Everything will be on PowerPoint.
- You are still encouraged to bring your Bible!
- We will dismiss people by pews at the end of the service.
- There should be no gatherings in the hallways.
- You may fellowship in the parking lot while continuing to keep proper distancing.
- There should be only one person using each restroom at a time.
- Following the morning service, the church will be carefully sanitized to ensure a safe and happy return for the evening service.
There is no way we can guarantee a perfect germ-free or virus-free environment, but with these safety guidelines in place we can greatly reduce any risk. Please come and carefully work together to make each worship service a very special occasion!
If you are in one of the high-risk groups or if you have any concerns about gathering together, please do not feel pressured in any way. Stay at home until you are confident and comfortable regarding your safety. We will continue to live-stream all the services so that you may still worship and feel connected.
Berea Baptist Church was founded in 1938 by a small group of believers and continues to grow today. God is at work in our church and among our community, and we are excited to see where He takes us next.